Is your child bright but struggling developmentally?
The signs your child is struggling developmentally with speech/ language may include:
- Your child’s pediatrician or screenings have highlighted a speech/ language concern or delay;
- Teachers report that your child is not meeting developmental/ academic standards for his/her age;
- Your child appears increasingly anxious about attending school/ preschool/ or other gatherings;
- Your child prefers to “do his/her own thing” and often seems disengaged from the group/ learning;
- Your child seems to “zone out”; questions or directives need to be repeated to gain attention;
- Your child demonstrates a lack of language comprehension/ skills – receptive and/ or expressive;
- Your child often does not understand questions or the meaning behind stories/ songs/ emotions;
- People are starting to notice that your child speaks or communicates “differently”;
- Your child is increasingly frustrated by his/ her inability to communicate effectively;
- Your child has a persistent speech disorder that does not seem to improve with age;
- Your child’s teeth are repositioning themselves before/during/after orthodontics.
What could be going on with my child?
- language or auditory processing challenges;
- gaps in foundational learning;
- child has fallen too far behind to “catch up” from a speech/ language standpoint;
- basic speech, articulation, or other skills never addressed;
- undiagnosed dyslexia, speech/ language deficits, or other developmental challenge;
- poor social thinking skills affecting comprehension of characters, storyline, meaning;
- tongue thrust swallow/open-mouth breathing/unhealthy tongue resting posture;
- other gap in skill level, knowledge, or baseline capability related to developmental learning.
We Can Help!
We develop a unique, customized 1:1 program for each of our children to ensure they get the skills they need to
succeed today, tomorrow, and for their brightest future.